Date Commenced: 24 May 2010
Last amended date: N/A
Date to be reviewed: May 2013
Date approved by Board: 24 May 2010
Acknowledgements: This policy is based on policies & material provided by International Support Aid Australia and CBM Australia, with thanks.
1. Policy Description
The policy of Ramabai Mukti Mission Australia Inc (“Mukti”) on Privacy outline Mukti’s commitment to the privacy of its donors and supporters.
Mukti acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals.
- We will only collect personal information with the prior knowledge and consent of the individual.
- We will only use personal information provided for the purposes for which it was collected OR for mailing information we believe will be of interest, such as newsletters, prayer notes and appeal letters; progress of a sponsor child/woman; and special news about Mukti or upcoming Mukti events. For other uses we will obtain consent from the affected individual.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure the information we collect is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and relevant to the functions we perform, and we will ensure individuals have the ability to correct information held about them if it is inaccurate, incomplete, or not up-to-date.
- We will not disclose personal information to other institutions and authorities except if required by law or if requested in writing by the individual concerned.
- We will not sell personal information to third parties.
- We will provide an individual with a copy of their own personal information kept in our records within 14 days of receiving their written request, for which an administration fee may apply.
- We protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use, or alteration, by restricting access to files and our database to only those personnel responsible for their maintenance and use.
- Mukti Australia secures any personal information that we hold and keeps this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
- When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When credit card details are collected, they pass through to our bank for processing and are not recorded or held by Mukti Australia.
Mukti Australia uses ANZ eGate Payment Gateway for phone donations and PayPal for web payments.
eGate processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing safe and secure means of collecting payments via the internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments. Payments are fully automated with an immediate response. Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Mukti Australia or any outside party All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate. All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eGate’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data. eGate at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Mukti Australia.
The PayPal site is highly secure and employs industry-leading technology (such as SSL) to keep information safe. PayPal automatically encrypts confidential information in transit from your computer to their using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available). Before you even register or log in to the PayPal site, their server checks that you're using an approved browser - one that uses SSL 3.0 or higher. Once your information reaches the PayPal site, it resides on a server that is heavily guarded both physically and electronically. PayPal servers sit behind an electronic firewall and are not directly connected to the internet, so your private information is available only to authorized computers. See the PayPal website for more information: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Help/general/TopQuestion6-outside
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
- We will appoint a Privacy Officer (currently Glenda de Jager, the National Director) who can be contacted during business hours at the Mukti office to discuss this policy or any privacy concerns. Contact details for the Mukti office – 5 Court Street, Box Hill VIC 3128, phone/fax: 03 9890 0211, email [email protected]